The meriSTEM program aims to build teachers’ capacity to do great things.
The meriSTEM program provides free online resources for learning. Our primary goal is to provide educational content for flipped learning, but our resources have been used in a wide assortment of ways, in a range of contexts.
Flipping is a teaching approach that can make a class more active and student-centred, but it can be a lot of work to implement. The meriSTEM course material helps teachers avoid the need to re-invent the wheel. Experts have created short videos and questions for year 11 and 12 students to study in their own time, at their own pace. By using meriSTEM, teachers have more time to plan excellent lessons, facilitate deeper concept learning through problem solving, labs, demonstrations and projects; and connect with their students.
All meriSTEM content is free to use and has been developed by a wide network of volunteers and sponsors. Our program is supported by the Physics Education Centre and more broadly by the College of Science at The Australian National University.
- View the teacher newsletter archives.
- Join the meriSTEM teacher community to access teacher-only planning and lesson resources and receive occasional newsletters.
- View the contributor newsletter archives.
- Join the meriSTEM contributor community by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the meriSTEM supporter community by emailing email@example.com
Continue to About / Supporters